We are delighted to see the return of activities and outdoor dining from 7th June 2021. We hope you will all play your role in keeping each other safe while we get back to enjoying the use of our club.
- In line with government guidelines HYC Club Racing will resume on 8th and 9TH of June. Entries for Club Racing and Open Events are now live on HYC.ie.
- To kickstart the racing season The Lambay Races are now scheduled for June 12TH with entries this year restricted to HYC boats. Please ensure you complete the Online Skipper Registration List for you and your Crew prior to heading out.
- Race Training can resume from the 10th of May onwards in pods of maximum 15. Please get in touch with your class captain if you are interested in getting out to train before racing starts.
- Dinghy racing series is taking place every Thursday from June 10th onwards with training sessions taking place on Thursday from May 13th. Please contact Daragh Sheridan (086 381 8796/Email: email@example.com) if you are interested in taking part.
- From the 7th of June the marina will welcome visiting boats from within Ireland.
- Sailing training for adults has resumed from the 10th of May with powerboat training and learn to sail lessons being scheduled for the season ahead. Please contact Quest@hyc.ie if you or a friend would like to know more.
- Junior training continues with Optimist and Laser classes out on the water every weekend with positive feedback on how safely they have got back on the water.
- Under the guidelines changing rooms need to remain close however the toilet will remain open for use.
- From the 7th of June our outdoor spaces will re-open for dining and drinks with tables of a maximum of 6. Advance booking through our Online Hospitality Booking Form is mandatory.
Protection measures in place as we resume activities –
- Please continue to sanitise your hands upon entry to the Club. Hand sanitizing stations are located at the entrance of the marina, at the bottom of the marina gangway and on top of the dinghy slipway for your use.
- Face coverings need to be worn outdoors when a 2m distance cannot be maintained or if the outdoor area is congested. Please remember to wear your face covering in marina or administration offices.
- Members must continue to use their membership card to swipe in and out of the premises. If ordinary members are bringing a guest, please ensure that you sign your guest in at the marina office.
- Online registration is required for all organised activity afloat both racing and cruising as well as for Dining and Hospitality.(Online Skipper Registration List & Online Hospitality Booking Form).
Thank you for your extraordinary efforts in keeping HYC safe so far and we look forward to seeing you back on the water and on the deck for drinks and dining very soon.