Full Time Marina Operative Position Available
Howth Yacht Club are hiring a Full time Marina Operative to join our busy marina team.
This is a great opportunity to work in a world class Yacht club with a 300 berth private marina, harbour moorings, large boat park and launching slipway in an enviable coastal location. It is an exciting and varied outdoor role entailing the operation of work boats, forklifts and small cranes in a busy marine environment.
Responsibilities will include-
- Facilitating members and visitors to avail of marina services including fuel services and crane bookings
- Maintaining the marina, crane pad and hard areas to a safe, clean and professional condition
- Performing daily marina walk to ensure all berthed boats are safe and secure
- Operation of Club boats, ribs and launches
- Provide a timely pick-up service from the mooring in the launch
- Assisting members and visitors with any queries
- Operating VHF Communications from the marina to members, visitors yachts, launches and race support boat
- Operation of crane lifting boats
- Forklift operation to tow boats and trailers
- General maintenance of marina furniture
- Working alongside the volunteer team to ensure that the Club assets are maintained.
The ideal candidate will have
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- good technical capabilities
- strong communications skills
- And a love of all things sailing and boats is a must!
Some of the benefits that you can enjoy -
- Training provided on life skills for example operation of powerboat
- Access to on the water activities
- Coastal location easily accessible by DART
- Free car parking available
- Generous lunch discounts available
Send your application into Manager@hyc.ie. Closing date for applicants is 24th of November 2021.