HYC Results Team
We are looking to recruit Results Officers to join our HYC Results Team. The role of the Results Officer is to process event entries and racing results for Open and Club Racing events hosted at Howth YC.
The HYC Club racing series schedule runs on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday from April through to October each year with multiple racing series for dinghies and keelboats. Other sailing events are held on some weekends, and occasionally for full weeks, during the sailing year.
The role will involve using a proprietary sailing results and scoring
application called Sailwave, which runs on the WIndows operating system. With the benefit of internet access, the presence of the Results Officer(s) on site to receive and process results is not a requirement but some of the tasks forming core elements of the position will require the person to attend Howth YC on occasion.
Results officer Responsibilities
- Monitor all online entries and provide accurate starter lists to race management personnel
- Ensure Club, IRC and ECHO handicap numbers for boats competing in HYC events are current and accurately entered on the software.
- Set up the race series on Sailwave and test all pathfiles before each race / event.
- After each race, receive results from the race management team, enter them into the Sailwave programme and prepare the results for publication. Seek clarification from race management personnel about anomalies noted in received results.
- Check if any protests lodged and ensure a room is booked/reserved for any protest. Liaise with the chairpersons of protest committees regarding the outcomes and, where necessary, amend race results.
Publish race and event results - both on HYC Website and in hard copy
on the Clubhouse noticeboard.
- Respond to queries received from competitors about race results
- Liaise with the Sailing Committee, Open Event orgnaisers, Class Captains and race management personnel as required.
- Order prizes and engrave trophies for prize giving ceremonies for both Club and Open events. Ensure all Club Trophies are polished, labelled, well maintained and are kept track of.
- Create End of Season Summary for HYC online Results section listing Club Trophy Winners and Club Racing annual shield.
- Excellent attention to detail and at ease inputting and working with databases and / or spreadsheets.
- Familiar with Windows applications; training will be provided on the Sailwave program.
- Interest in and knowledge of sailboat racing, both on a 'scratch'and handicap basis, would be helpful though not essential
- Efficient and calm with good numerate and interpersonal skills and capable of attention to detail
- Ability to work to timelines.
We would ideally like to train a panel of HYC Result officers to provide support across a busy racing schedule. So if you have an interest in assisting with this role please call Aideen to discuss how this role could work for you.
We would ideally like to train a panel of HYC Result officers to provide support across a busy racing schedule. So if you have an interest in assisting with this role please email Aideen Doran, Club Manager Manager@hyc.ie to find out more on how this role could work for you.