HYC Seeks Applicants for On The Water Coordinator
In line with our latest initiative to introduce more people out onto the water for the first time and to encourage others who have not been out for a while, Howth Yacht Club is recruiting an On-the-Water Coordinator to help us provide safe and fun activities include Kayaking, Paddle boarding, Sailing on our J80’s and fleet of Dinghies.
Overview of Role
- Reporting to Club Manager
- Fixed term contract - 5-month contract June - October
- Hours 40 hours a week, full flexible across evenings and weekends
This will be a busy and active full-time role which will require availability across evenings and weekends.
Responsibilities to include -
- Co-ordinating on the water activities for HYC Members and their guests.
- Draw up sailing and on the water activity session plans and course content.
- Schedule Come Sailing sessions and ensure all are promoted online to members.
- Draw up pathways for members to develop sailing skills to increase retention.
- Ensure safety procedures are upheld in line with HYC risk assessments.
- Actively involved in leading members sailing courses and taking members out on the water
- Book instructors to lead sessions where needed and within budget.
- Develop a sailing volunteer team to support with members come sailing initiatives where appropriate.
- Ensure new members are integrated into an appropriate sailing network in the Club.
- Ensure that all new sailing members are invited to complete new member’s welcome sail.
- Act as a link between the sailing committee and the office team
- Liaise with the class captains to identify race crew needs across the classes and connect new members with suitable race crew.
- Certify members with HYC Crew certs when race crew training is completed.
- Revamp Crew finder Online to become a invaluable tool for skippers to find trained and certified race crew
Come Sailing Initiatives include -
- Introductory Sail
- Sailing lessons – Level 1
- Crew race lesson – Level 2
- Pay and Sail evenings and weekend sessions.
- On the Water activities sup, kayaks, dinghies
- Family sailing & racing
Desirable Sailing experience
- Previous experience of sail training
- Proven track record of leading sailing courses within a Club environment
- Powerboat Licence
- Experience instructing water-based activities.
- First aid course, Garda vetting
- Enthusiastic sailor - ability to coach and mentor irrespective of sailing experience.
· Team player with ability to work as part of current club structure.
- Strong communication skills, good leadership ability
· Good organisational capabilities and driven to succeed.
Applications to Manager@hyc.ie by 26 May 2021.