Recruiting Part Time Marina Operative
PART-TIME MARINA OPERATIVE FOR SUMMER 2021
HYC are hiring a PART-TIME marina operative for the summer sailing season work alongside our busy marina team.
This is an exciting outdoor role which will appeal to someone willing to learn and enthusiastic about working as part of a team in a marine environment.
The ideal candidate will have strong communications skills, excellent customer service and good technical capabilities.
It also requires ability to work on own initiative and demonstrate flexibility with availability to work evenings and weekends.
And a love of all things sailing and boats is a must!
Responsibilities will include
- Maintaining the marina, crane pad and hard areas to a safe, clean and professional condition daily.
- Performing daily marina walk to ensure all berthed boats are safe and secure
- Provide a timely pick up service in the launch noting boats leaving and returning to moorings
- Operation of Club boats, ribs and launches including ferry service and towing of boats
- Assisting members and visitors with any queries
- Maintain, clean and check all club boats assets weekly
- Operation of forklift and crane when training is completed
- Operating VHF Communications from the marina to members, visitors yachts, launches and race support boats
- Facilitating members to avail of marina services including fuel services, crane bookings
This is great opportunity to work in a world class yacht club and marina with one of the largest memberships in Ireland and the UK.
There is also the opportunity to gain new skills as training will be given on operating crane and forklifts safely and drive launch boats.
Closing date for applicants is 9th Of May. Please mail your CV to email@example.com to apply.