Summer Cruising Log Guidelines:
1. Length – from 1,000 to 4,000 words maximum.
2. Log titles should include the name of the boat and the area cruised.
3. Log should include the skippers name and crew names.
4. If possible logs should be accompanied by a track chart or list of the ports/anchorages visited.
5. Photographs are very welcome – 5-10 images per log would be sufficient with a list of captions.
6. A summary of distances each day under sail, engine or motor-sailing is interesting.
7. Most importantly, the log should be a concise, humorous account of your holiday - including highlights (and lowlights!), irrespective of it being a weekend in Greystones, or a circumnavigation of Ireland.
2016 Spring Tide Summer Cruises
The below listed events marked TBA are possibilities for HYC Local Cruising. The near destination day sails can be done on Saturday/Sunday. Spring Tide Social Sail in Company, (all weather dependent.) Muster in Club at 10.04 and depending on wind and weather chose a destination from the following TBAs for a day trip or overnight:
- Boat for Hope 19th June
- HYC Cruising Day TBA
- Carlingford Cruise Overnight TBA
- Drogheda Maritime Festival 9th, 10th July
- Skerries Sailing Club Visit TBA
- Rockabill Circumnavigation Cruise TBA
- Lambay Anchorage wildlife survey TBA
- Rush/Rogerstown Rally TBA
- Loughshinney Lunch TBA
- Malahide (Gibney Classic Support Fleet) 9th July
- Kish: Circumnavigate and Red-Rock Anchorage TBA
- Liffey River Fest 4th 5th 6th June
- Poolbeg YC Visit TBA
- Sutton Dinghy Club BBQ 21st August
- Dun Laoghaire National Brunch Rendezvous TBA
- Dalkey Island; Circumnavigation TBA
- Killiney Bay; Viko Anchorage TBA
- Bray: Air Show 23rd - 24th July
- Greystones; Overnight and Pre- Breakfast Cliff Run to Bray TBA
- Arklow Maritime Festival 29th – 31st July
- Wexford Maritime Festival 25th 26th June
- Kilmore Quay; Sea Food Festival 14th -17th July
- Dunmore East Festival of food, fish and fun 1st – 3rd July
- CAI Cruise in Company to Menai 9th - 17- July
- Westerly Rally in Peel IOM 8th – 10th July
Class Captain: Pat Murphy